In the year 1938 members of the Andhra Association felt the need for a Telugu teaching Institution for the children of Telugu families in the city of Calcutta. Some enthusiastic ladies of the community started to teach Telugu to a small group of children. As the years went by, the initiative grew into a movement to establish a permanent and regular Telugu School.
On 28th March, 1953, a Primary School was established with three classes. With the dedication and devotion of the Andhra Association at Calcutta more classes came to be added and institution came to be recognized as a Junior High School in 1958.
Moving from strength to strength the Junior High School became a High School and was recognized as such by West Bengal Board of Secondary Education as an unaided Secondary School in 1965. The Higher Secondary Section with Arts and Commerce under the affiliation of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education started in 1983. Changed